Search

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

[ BELIZE ] Flag of Belize



The flag of Belize is a blue field with the coat of arms of Belize in the center, on a white circle.
Holding the shield with the coat of arms are two men, woodcutters, one carrying an axe and the other a wooden oar. Behind them is a mahogany tree, which was important to the economy of early Belize. The shield is divided into three sections. The top two sections have tools for woodcutting, while the bottom section features a ship, demonstrating the importance of woodcutting and boat-building to Belize. Below the men and the shield is a banner that reads "Sub Umbra Floreo," which means "Under the Shade I Flourish," the national motto of Belize. Encircling all of this is a chain of twenty-five leaves. A thin red stripe borders the top and bottom of the flag.
The flag of Belize uses twelve colors, more than any other national flag. The colors represent the national parties of Belize - the red for the opposition party and the blue for the People's United Party.
The flag of Belize was officially adopted upon independence on September 21, 1981, though it has been used unofficially since 1950 without the top and bottom red stripes. The coat of arms was granted to Belize in 1907. Gracias Lando!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete